Career Path Mapping
It is rare nowadays to be able to map out a life-long career path within an organisation. Yet planning at least the next steps in a career journey is important for individuals aiming to achieve their aspirations, and can help organisations retain and motivate people.
Providing up to date, accessible information about career options and professional development is key to successful career management. We help organisations identify and map career paths, connect these to job roles and competency frameworks and, most importantly, communicate them across the organisation.
We do this through:
- Facilitation of workshops/focus groups to identify and develop career path definitions
- Design and development of career/role frameworks
- Design of career path communications (websites, publications)
- Training and support for internal resources
What are the benefits?
Effective communication of organisational career opportunities can:
- Improve Resourcing by highlighting what types of work the organisation can offer
- Grow Capability by clarifying the skills and expertise that are needed for the future
- Inspire Performance by making visible pathways and roles to which individuals can aspire
- Support Change by providing a structure through which new roles and opportunities can be developed and communicated